Our literacy outreach program in Houston recently got the attention of national media. Learn more about this page-turner.
Let’s put an end to poverty world-wide!
AENEAN NONUMMY HENDRERIT MRIS. PHASELLUS PORTA. FUSCE SUSC VARIUS. CUM
Supporting Hands Inc.
Board of Directors
o Dr. Kathryn Lapointe
o Regina Jones, LCDC
o Abimbola Olagundoye
o Estefany Hernandez
Chief Executive Profile
Bola Olagundoye, President, is Supporting Hands' founder. Mrs Olagundoye envisions an environment where youths can have an environment of advancement. A graduate of University of Saint Thomas, she is a Texas certified Teacher and has worked with various at-risk youths in greater Houston school districts. Experienced teacher with twenty seven years background in teaching English language and literature, working with special education students in the areas of functional reading, language arts, and mathematics. Also worked with resource and structure students in various subjects according to the curriculum of teks. Excellent knowledge in office management, counseling, verbal and written skills.
Mission and Programs
We are a non profit organization that provide assistance to families in Houston, Texas area. A 501c3 exempt company. Supporting Hands is organized for the purpose of providing assistance to youths through counseling, referrals and charitable giving We provide at-risk teens with alternatives to violence, drug use, delinquent behavior, dropping out of school and to promote abstinence from sexual activities. We help at-risk youths gain social, emotional and behavior skills. We empower youths to become productive citizens. To achieve these objectives, we offer: Â· One on One mentoring Â· Enrichment activities to help at-risk children Â· Achieve goals Â· Increase self esteem and confidence Â· Improve behavior Â· Succeed academically Â· Counseling to promote abstinence from sexual activity Â· Tutoring Â· Youths summer and sports programs
Working on setting up a center where youths can receive counseling, participate in recreation sports and have after school training.
Who We Are
Supporting Hands goal is to empower youths to become productive, prepare at-risk youth for success in school and life.
· F60—Counseling Support Groups
· P30—Children's and Youth Services
· O99—Other Youth Development N.E.C.
Goals and Results
1. Set in motion an environment to provide support for youth with behavior problems by incorporating a company called Supporting Hands Inc.
2. Provide Parenting Classes
1. Prepare at-risk youth for success in school and life
2. Clear connections and pathways to college or jobs for teens and give them hope and reason to stay in school and avoid pregnancy
3. Empower youths to become productive citizens through one on one mentoring and increase self esteem
· This organization is a 501(c)(3) Public Charity .
· Contributions are deductible, as provided by law.
Lots of people volunteer for us each year and make the difference in the lives of children and their parents. Find out how to become our partner.
mission & vision
No need is too small and no voice is too quiet to be heard. We will devote the time and energy necessary to educate, advocate and feed.